Also Featured In
Spanning 64 acres in Washington Park, the massive Oregon Zoo offers children the chance to see their favorite animals up close and is one of the largest attractions in Oregon. Here, more than 1,000... Read More
Spanning 64 acres in Washington Park, the massive Oregon Zoo offers children the chance to see their favorite animals up close and is one of the largest attractions in Oregon. Here, more than 1,000 animals reside in natural, expertly designed habitats like Cascade Canyon Trail, home to black bears, bobcats, bald eagles and river otters. Other exciting exhibits include the Pacific Shores, which features sea otters, polar bears and sea lions. Also, on most days they have a live bird show on the main lawn. Kids especially love the Zoo Railway, a winding one-mile ride around the grounds' perimeter. Kids also love seeing the baby elephant and the lions.
- Jun - Aug Daily 8am-6pm
- Sep - May Daily 9am-4pm
- Adult $10.50; Senior (65+) $9; Child (3-11) $7.50; Child (2 and under) Free;
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Kids always enjoy a visit to the zoo and the Oregon Zoo features over 1,000 different animals.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The Oregon Zoo is simply amazing, one of the best zoos in the United States.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: The Oregon Zoo is a must on any visit to Portland.
- Best for Attractions near Moda Center Because: The Oregon Zoo is an incredible zoo that everyone loves and it just a short drive from the Moda Center.