Portland's Restaurant Scene has matured to a level that most cities would envy
Few cities the size of Portland have as vibrant and creative a restaurant scene. The numerous farmer's markets and urban gardens illustrate that Portlanders take their food seriously. The bar has been raised so high that one can expect to find excellent, affordable fare from the food carts parked around downtown. This has made the restaurants work even harder to please their guests with innovative cooking and sustainably produced food. Even the local fast food chain, Burgerville, brags about its utilization of local agriculture. Influxes of various immigrant populations have made authentic food... Read more »
- Cuisine: American, Local Specialty, Regional
- Average Main Course Price: $28
- Neighborhood: Cultural District
Local Expert Tip: "Vegetarians should try the risotto -- always great and always a newly created recipe for each season."
Local Expert Tip: "On weekend nights, public transportation maybe the most convenient way to travel to the Pearl. "
- Cuisine: American, European, Italian, Pizza
- Average Main Course Price: $15
- Neighborhood: Southeast Portland
Local Expert Tip: "Tastebud is only open for dinner, but to enjoy Tastebud pizza at lunch, look for their stall at one of Portland's Farmer's Market."
Local Expert Tip: "If you have small children, ask to sit near the play area. "
- Cuisine: French
- Average Main Course Price: $50
- Neighborhood: Airport - Pdx
Local Expert Tip: "Check Beast's web site for special events and the vegetarian meal series. "
- Cuisine: American, Continental, European, French, Mediterranean, Regional
- Average Main Course Price: $30
- Neighborhood: Pearl District
Local Expert Tip: "Bluehour makes for a great romantic date. "
Local Expert Tip: "Be prepared to wait for seating for the weekend brunch, it's worth it."
Local Expert Tip: "Meat eaters should give this place a try, they'll be surprised how good vegan can be."
Local Expert Tip: "Check the website for recipes and special events. "