At this museum made just for them, children will enjoy playing in an 1860's vintage house and shopping in a 19th century general store. Activities are fun and developmentally appropriate for children... Read More
At this museum made just for them, children will enjoy playing in an 1860's vintage house and shopping in a 19th century general store. Activities are fun and developmentally appropriate for children ages 3 to 8. There are five play rooms in the museum: the 1860s room, the art room, the construction zone, the nature area and the exploration zone. In the Art Room, children can create works of art, and, in the Construction Room, kids are able to work on an assembly line and in a hard-hat area. In the Nature Room, they will be able to explore the fascinating world of an ant colony, while in the Exploration Room kids can stand inside a bubble, experiment with magnets, and watch colors explode.
- Winter (Oct - Mar): Mon-Tue, Thu-Sat 10am-5pm; Sun Noon-5pm
- Summer (Apr - Sep): Mon-Sat 10am-5pm
- Adult $4; Child (2-14) $6
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Instead of paying for those period photographs you see around town, dress your kids up in clothes from the 1860s room and click away."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The museum is one of the few places in town appropriate for the really young travelers in your group.