Also Featured In
America's first zoo and one of the region's foremost conservation organizations, Philadelphia Zoo is home to nearly 1,300 animals, many rare and endangered. Cheetahs, hippos, giraffes and much more... Read More
America's first zoo and one of the region's foremost conservation organizations, Philadelphia Zoo is home to nearly 1,300 animals, many rare and endangered. Cheetahs, hippos, giraffes and much more make the zoo Philadelphia's leading family destination, welcoming over 1.2 million visitors a year. Philadelphia Zoo offers a revolutionary, first-in-the-world animal travel and exploration system, called Zoo360, which promises the most majestic of creatures more room to roam utilizing a campus-wide network of see-through trails. Monkeys, orangutans and big cats, like lions and tigers, are on the move – traveling overhead through the treetops in the first three pathways of Zoo360, Treetop Trail, Great Ape Trail and Big Cat Crossing. Award-winning exhibits like First Niagara Big Cat Falls, PECO Primate Reserve, McNeil Avian Center and KidZooU: Hamilton Family Children's Zoo & Faris Family Education Center make Philadelphia Zoo an obvious choice for those visiting Philadelphia with kids.
3400 West Girard Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19104
- Mar - Oct: Daily 9:30am-5pm
- Nov - Feb: Daily 9:30am-4pm
- Adult $18; Child (2-11) $15;
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Animals speak to children in many ways, and this iconic zoo is a great place to visit to see them in action.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The versatility of this park, its ease of access and its wonderful simplicity make it a great venue all year long.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: When it comes to enjoyable outdoor activities that are great for all ages, this place fits the bill.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: What could be better than combining outdoor enjoyment with animal interactions? Nothing, so head on over here.