Also Featured In
Elegant yet unpretentious, this traditional neighborhood bistro offers fresh, flavorful fare that takes patrons on a sensory stroll through the French countryside. In a quiet candlelit garden, the... Read More
Elegant yet unpretentious, this traditional neighborhood bistro offers fresh, flavorful fare that takes patrons on a sensory stroll through the French countryside. In a quiet candlelit garden, the superb staff delivers ceramic wine pitchers, addictive homemade baguettes and fresh mussels topped with creamy tarragon sauce and poached egg. Diners then savor Dijon-braised rabbit or tender beef bourguignon among other selections, followed by things like decadent Gateau l'Opera, an almond sponge cake with chocolate ganache, coffee butter cream and creme Chantilly. Be sure to ask to dine outside if the weather is nice as the feel is secluded enough to believe you may actually be amongst the French themselves.
623 S 6th St
Philadelphia, PA 19147
- Mon-Sat: 5:30pm-10:30pm
- Sun: 5pm-9pm
- Group Friendly, French: "Dining on the patio with fresh bread, a glass of wine and a delicious French entree may make you think you're actually in France."
- Romantic Dining: "Sample the puff pastry with wild mushrooms and fennel confit, as well as something from their attractive wine list."
- Outdoor Dining: "Take a chance on the mussels, as they come with rave reviews."
- Best for Group Friendly Because: Conveniently located near many go-to sites in the city, this restaurant serves up delicious French delicacies for group dining.
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: With original art and French films that sometimes play in the restaurant, the vibe is eclectic and romantic and certainly worth a visit.
- Best for French Because: This eatery is perfect for a date you'd like to impress or for a celebratory occasion with desserts that will wow you.
- Best for Outdoor Dining Because: Dining at this Philadelphia restaurant makes many diners feel like they're eating outside at a great little French cafe.