Also Featured In
Elegant yet unpretentious, this traditional neighborhood bistro offers fresh, flavorful fare that takes patrons on a sensory stroll through the French countryside. Those who have eaten here claim it... Read More
Elegant yet unpretentious, this traditional neighborhood bistro offers fresh, flavorful fare that takes patrons on a sensory stroll through the French countryside. Those who have eaten here claim it is the best French food outside of France. In a quiet candlelit garden, the superb staff delivers ceramic wine pitchers, addictive homemade baguettes and fresh mussels topped with creamy tarragon sauce and poached egg. Diners then savor Dijon-braised rabbit or tender beef bourguignon followed by decadent Gateau l'Opera, an almond sponge cake with chocolate ganache, coffee butter cream and creme Chantilly. If those choices don't convince you to go there, the attractive original art they often feature might. Dinner on the outside terrace is also a treat in warmer weather.
623 S 6th St
Philadelphia, PA 19147
- Mon-Sat: 5:30pm-10:30pm
- Sun: 5pm-9pm
- Romantic Dining: "Sample the puff pastry with wild mushrooms and fennel confit, as well as something from their attractive wine list."
- French: "Dining on the patio with fresh bread, a glass of wine and a delicious French entree may make you think you're actually in France."
- Outdoor Dining: "Take a chance on the mussels, as they come with rave reviews."
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: With original art and French films that sometimes play in the restaurant, the vibe is eclectic and romantic and certainly worth a visit.
- Best for French Because: This eatery is perfect for a date you'd like to impress or for a celebratory occasion with desserts that will wow you.
- Best for Outdoor Dining Because: Dining at this Philadelphia restaurant makes many diners feel like they're eating outside at a great little French cafe.