Also Featured In
A favourite Bairro Alto hangout, this friendly and inexpensive bar is known for its cocktails – caipirinhas, mojitos and their famous morangoska, among many other concoctions. The crowd is mixed,... Read More
A favourite Bairro Alto hangout, this friendly and inexpensive bar is known for its cocktails – caipirinhas, mojitos and their famous morangoska, among many other concoctions. The crowd is mixed, mellow and totally laid back, chilled no doubt by the jazzy-funk soundtrack spun by resident and guest DJs most evenings. During the summer, and especially at weekends, this place is heaving and the soiree tends to spill out onto the street. But no problem, the same thing happens to neighbouring bars and before you know it you're part of one big street party.
Rua da Barroca 30-32
+351 929 092 742
- Sun-Thu: 7pm-2am
- Fri-Sat: 7pm-3am Hours; May; Vary; Seasonally
- Bars: "This is a great place to meet up. Arrive a little earlier, say 8pm, and it's pleasantly un-crowded and perfect for a pre-dinner aperitif."
- Bairro Alto/Principe Real's Best Bars: "The bar is blessed with large windows the shutters of which are always thrown open – a real gift on hot summer nights."
- Best for Bars Because: Part of the neighbourhood furniture, this bar has managed to successfully weather fashion, recession and fickle music tastes for years.
- Best for Bairro Alto/Principe Real's Best Bars Because: A landmark nightspot that's managed to defy fickle fashion and music trends and economic downturns, Clube da Esquina remains a "tick the box" venue.