Explore Hong Kong
Also Featured In
Star Ferry is the loveliest attraction in Hong Kong. This 115-year-old service is one of these rare attractions that are appreciated by both tourists and locals. Shuttling between Tsim Sha Tsui on... Read More
Star Ferry is the loveliest attraction in Hong Kong. This 115-year-old service is one of these rare attractions that are appreciated by both tourists and locals. Shuttling between Tsim Sha Tsui on Kowloon side, and Central and Wan Chai on Hong Kong island, these ten-minute boat rides represent a lifestyle of the past: slow, soothing and stress-free. That's exactly where the excitement and enjoyment lies. It's fascinating to see the hyper-busy city from these boats: century-old colonial buildings rub shoulders with glass-walled skyscrapers on the two jam-packed waterfronts. Even with the MTR efficiently connecting Kowloon and Central, locals still choose to ride the Star Ferry now and then for that classic Hong Kong moment. And the ride costs only a couple of dollars, making it one of the world's great sightseeing bargains.
- Daily 6:30am-11:30pm
- Upper Deck Adult (12+) HKD2.50 - HKD3.40; Senior (65+) Free; Child (3-12) HKD1.50 - HKD2.10
Lower Deck Adult (12+) HKD2 - HKD2.80; Senior (65+) Free; Child (3-12) HKD1.40 - HKD2
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities, Attractions near Cruise Port Because: This is Hong Kong's original cross-harbor transport. It's slow, relaxing and provides a weird sensation of traveling to the future from the past.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: The ferry's upper deck grants marvelous city and marine views. And what a deal!
- Best for Sightseeing Because: This is a piece of history, a sightseeing tour, and a super cheap transport of delight!
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Not only is this a great attraction, it's a part of regular life in the city.