Explore Hong Kong
Also Featured In
Chinese history has taken dramatic twists and turns over the past three millennia, and this museum offers detailed exhibits that take you through every aspect of the country's development. Beginning... Read More
Chinese history has taken dramatic twists and turns over the past three millennia, and this museum offers detailed exhibits that take you through every aspect of the country's development. Beginning in Neolithic times and running right up to today, some of the top attractions include a recreation of a Hong Kong street of a century ago and photo exhibits showing how certain areas have changed. Many clans and ethnic groups are represented. Most importantly, the museum shows Hong Kong did not suddenly spring into life when the British landed in the mid 19th century, but has been a thriving part of South China for centuries.
- Things to Do with Kids, Museums: "This is a very large museum – set aside the best part of a day to take it all in."
- Free Things to Do: "Free guided tours are also available."
- Attractions near Cruise Port: "Make sure you take a stroll through the recreation of a 19th century Hong Kong street in the museum."
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: The Museum is very well interpreted with lots of hands on exhibits, so kids won't get bored.
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: The Museum of History is sympathetically interpreted, and should appeal to all ages.
- Best for Museums Because: This would be a good museum anywhere in the world: in Hong Kong, it's truly outstanding.
- Best for Attractions near Cruise Port Because: Explore Hong Kong's fascinating past and present at this well-curated museum.