Explore Hong Kong
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Hong Kong Tourism Board
The New Territories, once home to nothing but pastoral meadowlands, are quickly becoming industrialized and commercialized. However, this park remains a bastion of natural beauty. This unspoiled... Read More
The New Territories, once home to nothing but pastoral meadowlands, are quickly becoming industrialized and commercialized. However, this park remains a bastion of natural beauty. This unspoiled seaside area of parkland features hiking trails dotted with informative visitor centers. See the area from a watery vantage point by renting a kaido (a small boat) in the town of Sai Kung, which is flanked by protected parks. Locals say eating seafood in this town is a must. Alternatively, hike out to Tai Long Wan, one of Hong Kong's most easterly beaches. The surf is good, and the solitude even more so.
- Daily Open 24 Hours
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: Hiking through this beautiful part of Hong Kong's countryside is truly romantic.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: This is perhaps the greatest of Hong Kong's great outdoors: rolling hills, lovely beaches, even surf!
- Best for Parks Because: Step into Sai Kung Country Park and you really can't believe you are in Hong Kong.
- Best for Tours and Excursions Because: Who would think this is Hong Kong – miles of hiking trail, and beaches that could rival Thailand or Bali?
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Who said Hong Kong isn't a beach destination? Some of the best seaside spots are located in this lovely park.