Also Featured In
E Battery St and Murray Blvd
Charleston, SC 29401
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Pick up fresh baguette sandwiches for picnic supplies from Fast & French on nearby Broad Street, and slow down to Southern time under the shady oaks."
- Parks: "Parking can, at times, be difficult in this area (even though most spaces here aren't metered, a rarity in Charleston). Luckily, this park is within walking or biking distance of anywhere downtown!"
- Outdoor Activities: "Parking can, at times, be difficult in this area. Luckily, this park is within walking or biking distance of anywhere downtown!"
- Free Things to Do: "Any dedicated walkers and runners visiting Charleston will enjoy the Battery's wide, waterfront sidewalk, and fantastic views of the harbor and sunsets!"
- Romantic Things to Do: "On your way to Battery Park & White Point Gardens, pick up picnic supplies at Goat. Sheep. Cow. on Church Street."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: A visit to Charleston isn't complete without a walk along the White Point Gardens and Battery. This area is arguably the city's most photogenic spot.
- Best for Parks Because: Stroll through Battery Park and White Point Gardens for the views: antebellum mansions, Charleston harbor, tall Palmettos, and ancient live oaks. Take it all in.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: A visit to White Point Gardens at the Battery is time well spent under the shade of Palmetto and ancient Live Oak trees.
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: The Battery is an iconic site, playing a role in both the Revolutionary and Civil Wars, not to mention uniquely beautiful!
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: Battery Park is an unmissable destination in downtown Charleston, integral to the city's foundational history and a true destination for beautiful sunrise and sunset viewing.