Also Featured In
When in search of food-fuel in downtown Charleston, you'll find that there is no shortage of sandwich-serving options at hand. If you're a little more selective in your cravings, and would like to... Read More
When in search of food-fuel in downtown Charleston, you'll find that there is no shortage of sandwich-serving options at hand. If you're a little more selective in your cravings, and would like to sample local specialties rather than chain restaurants, Butcher & Bee is your destination. The chefs at Butcher & Bee are in the business of "hand-held comfort food" and artistry in the form of sandwiches and plates that appeal to all preferences and budgets (vegetarians welcomed). Open for weekday lunch and late night service on weekend nights (til 3am Friday and Saturday), this comfortable, communal style restaurant shares their daily menu via social media (check their Facebook and Twitter before going).
- Best Value: "Butcher & Bee is BYOB! Bring your own beer or wine to dinner here, or check out the Hire Wire Distilling Co. next door for samplings of local liquors."
- Lunch: "Did we mention they're open til 3am Friday & Saturday? Hit Butcher & Bee late night as a healthier, tastier alternative to other after-hours fast food choices."
- Late Night: "B&B is BYOB, and that's a good thing. Grab a few beers and hit this hotspot after the bars Friday and Saturday."
- Recommended as Best Value Because: Butcher & Bee brings affordable late night grub to the "Upper Upper King" area, with creative, veggie-friendly menus that change daily and source locally.
- Best for Lunch Because: The late night service, daily menu and locally sourced ingredients make Butcher & Bee a top destination for any sandwich lover seeking lunch or late-night.
- Best for Late Night Because: Get your craft sandwiches, vegetarian grub, and a lot more at this haven for late night eaters on Upper King.