Market Common is the place to be this fall in Myrtle Beach, when the upscale shopping district will host many new events. Market Common released its fall schedule of events, such as a Wine-tasting series, festivals, a car show, the DeVille Street Farmers Market and more. Here's the lineup for fall 2012:
* Travinia Italian Kitchen will host a wine tasting every Friday evening in September and October from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. For $10, guests will enjoy wine tastings and appetizer pairings in 104 Radcliffe, a suite with a balcony overlooking The Market Common. The lobby entrance is located in between Barnes & Noble and Travinia Italian Kitchen, and signs will direct guests to the event. Guests may pay at the doors.
Wine Tasting at Market Common — Photo courtesy of Market Common
* The DeVille Street Farmers Market will be open on Saturdays from 8 a.m. to noon in September and October 2012. The Market Common will continue the DeVille Street Farmers Market until the end of October. The market features fresh, locally grown produce and locally caught seafood. Each week at 11 a.m., Williams-Sonoma will host "Cooking at the Market", a chef demonstration series featuring produce from the Farmer's Market.
* The 5th Annual Oktoberfest will be held from the last weekend in September through the month of October at the Market Common in Valor Park. Oktoberfest will feature live German music, children's activities, pumpkin patch for kids, inflatables, face painting, German food and a large selection of German and Oktoberfest beer and wine.
* The Austin-Healey Car Show will be held October 6 from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. More than 100 Austin-Healey sports cars will be on display on Howard Avenue. Admission is free and food and beverages will be available for purchase.
* The Waccamaw Area Heart Walk will be held October 13 in Grand Park, where the American Heart Association will host their annual fundraiser. Participants will walk either a 1- or 2-mile route through The Market Common. Festivities include food, live music and activities.
Sunset at Market Common — Photo courtesy of Market Common
* The 3rd Annual Myrtle Beach Wine Fest will be held October 20 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. in Valor Park. The event will feature over 100 wines to sample, live music, food, beer and vendors. Admission is free. $5 Wine Tasting Glasses will be available for purchase, and all 2 oz. samples range from $1 to $6.
* The Souper Supper will be held November 4 from noon to 3 p.m. The American Culinary Federation will host the Souper Supper in Valor Park, featuring soups from over 40 area restaurants. Admission is $10 and includes all soup samples and breads. Proceeds benefit Horry Georgetown Technical College culinary students.
* The 5th Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony will be held Friday, November 23, beginning at 6 p.m. at The Market Common in Valor Park. The Tree Lighting Ceremony will feature live entertainment, hot chocolate by Canipes, and the official Lighting of the Tree. After the ceremony, complimentary carriage rides photos with Santa will be available. Carriage rides will begin in front of Tommy Bahama Restaurant & Bar. Photos with Santa will be located in front of Grand 14 Cinema, and guests are asked to bring their own camera.