Explore Myrtle Beach
Also Featured In
The beauty of the South Carolina Lowcountry is in full bloom at Brookgreen Gardens, a 9,100-acre property located about 15 miles south of Myrtle Beach. Visitors can stroll through the many sculptures,... Read More
The beauty of the South Carolina Lowcountry is in full bloom at Brookgreen Gardens, a 9,100-acre property located about 15 miles south of Myrtle Beach. Visitors can stroll through the many sculptures, fountains and flowers and take a break in the shade of giant live oak trees that pre-date the U.S. Constitution. This former rice plantation also features boat rides through the marshes and a zoo featuring alligators, birds and other creatures native to South Carolina. A new butterfly pavilion exhibit allows visitors to get up close and personal with various species of butterflies. This is Lowcountry nature at its best.
1931 Brookgreen Gardens Dr
Murrells Inlet, SC 29576
- Summer (Jun - Aug): Sat-Tue 9:30am-5pm; Wed-Fri 9:30am-9pm
- Winter (Aug - Jun): Daily 9:30am-5pm
- Adult $12; Senior (65+) $10; Child (13-18) $10; Child (6-12) $6
- Romantic Things to Do: "Pack a camera: Brookgreen Gardens is the perfect place for romantic photos."
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Check out Huntington Beach State Park just across the street for a true taste of the South Carolina Lowcountry."
- Outdoor Activities: "Pack an extra roll of film or plenty of memory on your SIM card for Brookgreen Gardens, the perfect place for family portraits and artistic photography."
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: Brookgreen is the oldest sculpture garden in the Carolinas, and still the best.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Brookgreen Gardens is the oldest and largest sculpture garden on the East Coast.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: Brookgreen Gardens is a paradise for art and nature lovers.