Also Featured In
Another one of Gaudi's masterpieces, Casa Mila, otherwise known as La Pedrera, is one of Gaudi's most well known creations and is situated on Passeig de Gracia, just a stone's throw from Casa Batllo.... Read More
Another one of Gaudi's masterpieces, Casa Mila, otherwise known as La Pedrera, is one of Gaudi's most well known creations and is situated on Passeig de Gracia, just a stone's throw from Casa Batllo. Constructed between 1905-1912, from the outside La Pedrera looks like it is made up of skulls. Architecturally however, it is considered to be incredibly innovative as its facade is self-supporting. It also has underground parking and separate lifts and stairs for the owners and servants. Something that many people don't know, is that the structures on the roof were actually what inspired George Lucas' Storm Troopers for his Star Wars series. This might not seem romantic, but it's so stunning inside and the clincher is the roof where you can see the city and find alone time amongst Gaudi's Chimney's.
Passeig de Gràcia, 92
- Daily 10am-8pm
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: The roof is extremely romantic, as you can hide amongst the chimney's
- Best for Holiday Attractions Because: La Pedrera's rooftop lights up like none other during the holidays
- Best for Sightseeing Because: Gaudi's building with a stunning rooftop with it's beautiful chimneys
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: The roof is a fun way to spend time and learn about Gaudi's works
- Best for Historic Sites Because: The chimneys on the roof are the selling point of this building.