Also Featured In
The totally talented Stephanie Jones set up shop in Cooper-Young, and talented DIY-ers across the region are celebrating. Jones, who shudders at the use of the word 'faux', notes that fine finishes... Read More
The totally talented Stephanie Jones set up shop in Cooper-Young, and talented DIY-ers across the region are celebrating. Jones, who shudders at the use of the word 'faux', notes that fine finishes are what her artistry is all about. She teaches hands-on workshops in her studio, sells painted furniture, Annie Sloan chalk paint and Miss Mustardseed Milk Paint; she also sells brushes, books, custom stencils, interesting knobs, local travel guides, flea market finds and whatever else strikes her fancy. From canvas floor cloths to whimsical home decor, this is the spot to find that perfect little something, whether for yourself or as a gift. If you, like yours truly, doesn't have the ability or patience to paint, fear not - Jones and company always have the shop stocked with a number of finely painted furniture pieces from which to choose.
- Best Shopping, Christmas Shopping, Gift Shops, Elvis Shops: "The shop's hours have expanded, with Saturday hours from 10 -1. Mrs. Jones is available by appointment at other times."
- Cooper-Young's Best Shopping: "The shop's hours are limited - Wednesday and Thursday from 10 am - 3 p.m; however Mrs. Jones is available by appointment on Friday and Saturday."
- Recommended as Best Shopping, Cooper-Young's Best Shopping Because: Jones offers one of the most welcoming stores in all of Memphis, and she's a design influencer.
- Best for Christmas Shopping Because: Shop me & mrs jones for unique gifts, hand painted furnishings and Memphis-themed decor.
- Best for Gift Shops Because: Me & Mrs. Jones is more than just a painting workshop / creative space - it's a great spot for small gifts and gift books.
- Best for Elvis Shops Because: The Elvis-themed subway sign, hand-painted by Mrs. Jones herself, is our favorite Elvis item.