Also Featured In
This trendy, festive restaurant is just as the name implies. Set in a 1940s beauty shop, some guests dine in refurbished hairdryer chairs, and you can almost see the ghosts of the wash-and-set,set... Read More
This trendy, festive restaurant is just as the name implies. Set in a 1940s beauty shop, some guests dine in refurbished hairdryer chairs, and you can almost see the ghosts of the wash-and-set,set that used to come in for a curl. Nevertheless, the kitschy theme isn't what keeps the place packed. Its eclectic fare is intriguing yet delicious, and that's especially true when it comes to breakfast. Sunday brunch means French toast made with challah, big mimosas, a variety of egg dishes, and even a beef tenderloin sandwich for those really needing to splurge. It's all part of the attraction that is culinary genius of Karen Blockman Carrier, the mind behind this and a variety of other popular, funky Memphis restaurants.
966 S Cooper St
Memphis, TN 38104
- Dining: Mon-Thu 11am-2pm, 5pm-10pm; Fri-Sat 11am-2pm, 5pm-11pm; Sun 10am-3pm
- Bar: Mon-Thu 5pm-2am; Fri-Sat 5pm-3am
- Best for Lunch Because: The Beauty Shop is the only place we know where you can order a daily grilled cheese special, complete with truffle oil fries. Yum!
- Best for Breakfast/Brunch Because: The Beauty Shop is relaxed and refined for brunch, making you feel like you're on vacation even when you're not.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: We love the upscale country feel of Southward - and its inventive take on Southern favorites.
- Best for Cooper-Young's Best Restaurants Because: Where else in the world cn you get a daily grilled cheese offering AND truffle oil French fries?
- Best for Breakfast Because: The Beauty Shop is just so Memphis, home to the cook that really started the foodie revolution in town and packed with a hip, eclectic crowd.