Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of MemphisTravel.com
Photo courtesy of Memphis CVB
With almost 100 acres of gardens set in the middle of East Memphis, there's something for any lover of the outdoors at MBG, including the serenity of a Japanese garden, a huge herb garden and a... Read More
With almost 100 acres of gardens set in the middle of East Memphis, there's something for any lover of the outdoors at MBG, including the serenity of a Japanese garden, a huge herb garden and a sensory garden. And there's 'My Big Backyard' - a children's garden / playground that's as popular with parents as it is with little ones. With a myriad of picnic tables and spaces, a natural play structure, a cabin, and plenty of colorful flowers and plants for children to discover, My Big Backyard has become an instant hit with families. And during the holiday season, some nights are extra-special, with a snow machine creating a winter wonderland, and hot chocolate served for all. During the spring and summer, a weekend concert series under the stars brings big names to the gardens, and concertgoers can pack picnic dinners and enjoy the music on the lawn.
- Mar: -; Oct Mon-Sat; 9am-6pm
- Sun: 11am-6pm Nov; -; Feb Mon-Sat; 9am-4:30pm
- Sun: 11am-4:30pm
- Adult $8; Senior $6.50; Child (3-12) $5
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: The Botanic Garden offers a myriad of beautiful settings to explore with your Valentine - and also offers special love-themed events around the big day.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: Wandering through the gardens at MBG is a wonderful way to spend a day.