Also Featured In
The Memphis Zoo is consistently rated one of the top zoos in the country, both for its breadth of exhibits in an easy-to-navigate layout, and for the sheer fact that one can get pretty close to the... Read More
The Memphis Zoo is consistently rated one of the top zoos in the country, both for its breadth of exhibits in an easy-to-navigate layout, and for the sheer fact that one can get pretty close to the animals in almost every habitat. With giant pandas from China, a Teton ecosystem replete with grizzly bears and wolves, and a Northwest Passage habitat filled with polar bears and river otters, this is a top-notch zoo that will enchant both kids and their parents. During the winter, a skating tent and festive lights bring the holiday spirit to the zoo, and it is open for select evening visits.
- Mar-Oct: Daily; 9am-6pm
- Nov-Feb: Daily; 9am-5pm
- Adult (12-59) $15; Senior (60+) $14; Child (2-11) $10;
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: The Memphis Zoo has a carousel, and there's no more perfect spot for a bit of silly romance.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Truly - and we are certainly biased - the Memphis Zoo is one of the premier zoos in America, for both kids and adults.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: The Memphis Zoo's exhibits are perfect for children, thanks to the ability to get up close with the animals, including pandas, hippos and polar bears.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: There's no better place than the Zoo to spend a day looking at the animals.