Also Featured In
If music is akin to religion in Memphis, then it's not ironic that this rowdy Midtown nightspot is now located next to the Jehovah's Witnesses in its new strip center digs. The new space, like the... Read More
If music is akin to religion in Memphis, then it's not ironic that this rowdy Midtown nightspot is now located next to the Jehovah's Witnesses in its new strip center digs. The new space, like the old, is a few rooms - a lounge area, and two spaces, one large and one small for shows. Featured musical acts at the Hi-Tone could be anybody from the North Mississippi Allstars and Cat Power to reggae and country-western acts – all of them party bands, to be sure. There's the most seriously fantastic bar food of any Memphis live music venue, too – with burgers and gourmet hot dogs and made-to-order pizzas, plus the best selection of loaded French fries (think fries topped with cheddar and gravy, or mozzarella and marinara), plus a Sunday brunch that rocks.
Memphis, TN 38104
- Mon-Sat: 5pm-3am
- Sun: 11am-3am Event; Dates; and; Times; Vary
- Cover Charged with Entertainment: $5 - $60
- Best for Early Entertainment Because: Hi-Tone's not a 'regular hours' kind of place, so there's no set early nights. But early shows are plentiful, and some are even kid-friendly.
- Best for Live Music Because: The Hi-Tone is the quintessential Memphis music joint - a little gritty yet totally authentic and soulful.
- Best for Nightlife near Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium Because: The Hi-Tone is the perfect spot for a post-game change up - live indie music.