Also Featured In
A tribute to classical architecture, the Parthenon in Centennial Park houses one of the premier museums in the area. The permanent collection boasts notable works from 19th- and 20th-century American... Read More
A tribute to classical architecture, the Parthenon in Centennial Park houses one of the premier museums in the area. The permanent collection boasts notable works from 19th- and 20th-century American artists (Albert Bierstadt, Frederic Edwin Church and Thomas Moran) and contemporary pieces crafted by emerging talents. Athenian sculptures created from direct casts of originals that once adorned the ancient Greek ruins are also on display. It's a popular place for weddings, proposals, and filming for movies and television. Since it is located near Vanderbilt campus, a tour is perfect to pair with visiting some of the school grounds and architecture. Soda shops, revered burger joints and collegiate shopping are all nearby.
- Sep: -; May Tue-Sat; 9am-4:30pm Jun; -; Aug Tue-Sat; 9am-4:30pm
- Sun: 12:30pm-4:30pm
- Adult $6; Senior (62+) $3.50; Child (4-17) $3.50
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Carve out some time to explore inside and out. The surrounding park is always filled with activity, music and events on weekends."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The Parthenon is what earned Nashville's title 'Athens of the South', and is one of the most unique buildings on US Soil.
- Historic Sites: "The park outside of the Parthenon is the perfect spot for a picnic after an afternoon of sight seeing. Be sure to bring snacks for after!"