Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Instagram User Bestfooddallas
Photo courtesy of Instagram User Richard Membreno
Photo courtesy of Paul Wilkes and Austin Mann
This adorable and ultra popular pie shop, set up in a restored craftsman bungalow--is one of the sweetest attractions in the Bishop Arts neighborhood. Pie mavens, Megan Wilkes and Mary Gauntt, offer a... Read More
This adorable and ultra popular pie shop, set up in a restored craftsman bungalow--is one of the sweetest attractions in the Bishop Arts neighborhood. Pie mavens, Megan Wilkes and Mary Gauntt, offer a rotating roster of seasonally flavored pies that run the gamut from old fashioned buttermilk to a banana custard topped with maple and caramel. Their signature picks include the Smooth Operator, a French silk chocolate with a pretzel crust and the Lord of Pies, a deep dish apple streusel delight. They'll package it for you to-go in a wooden basket accompanied with a wooden fork or you can have a seat in the shop and enjoy a slice with ice cream on top.
- Dessert, Bakeries: "Go early to avoid the lines, or try their other location in McKinney."
- Bishop Arts District's Best Restaurants: "Go early to avoid the lines, but even if there is a line, these pies are worth waiting for. If you want to purchase a whole pie, rather then just a slice, order it in advance to ensure it will be there when you come."
- Best for Dessert Because: Emporium has taken the humbleness out of pies and made them into something seriously sublime.
- Best for Bakeries Because: Without a doubt, Emporium Pies offers the best pies in Texas.
- Best for Bishop Arts District's Best Restaurants Because: A visit to Bishop Arts isn't complete without a stop at Dallas' best pie shop.