Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Boulangerie by Village Baking Co. Facebook
Dallas' best bakery? The local Francophiles who stake out this bastion of baguettes think so, and with good reason. The shop's hearth-baked boules, crusty baguettes and buttery croissants are as good... Read More
Dallas' best bakery? The local Francophiles who stake out this bastion of baguettes think so, and with good reason. The shop's hearth-baked boules, crusty baguettes and buttery croissants are as good as any found across the Atlantic. And the pastries: eclairs, tarts and the like –are worth a browse too. But if you want something more substantial to start the day, sneak into a space at one of the tables on the patio and settle in with an espresso and a slice of quiche or a bowl of house-made granola. Boulangerie also churns out lunchtime fare, from savory croissants to croque monsieurs and rustic style sandwiches. Do make sure to try the caneles--little bell-shaped cakes with caramelized crusts and custardy centers–they are always a winner. Time it right and you could snag a fresh one straight from the oven.
- Bakeries: "For those who are on the run, there's another location (Village Baking Company) located nearby off Central Expressway and University."
- Breakfast, Lowest Greenville's Best Restaurants: "They sell out of baked goods often, so if there's something special you want, be sure to call and ask to have it saved for you."
- Best for Bakeries Because: For the best baked French-style baked goods in town, Boulangerie is the only place you need to know about.
- Best for Breakfast Because: For the best baked French treats in town, Boulangerie is the only place you need to know about.
- Best for Lowest Greenville's Best Restaurants Because: Boulangerie serves the most authentic French breads and pastries in Texas.