Explore San Antonio
Also Featured In
If you only visit one museum in San Antonio, make sure it's the McNay. Not only do they have a superb art collection, the museum itself is a work of art. This 24-room, Spanish colonial revival-style... Read More
If you only visit one museum in San Antonio, make sure it's the McNay. Not only do they have a superb art collection, the museum itself is a work of art. This 24-room, Spanish colonial revival-style mansion and its own sizable collection was donated by Marion Koogler McNay, an American painter and art teacher. The museum focuses primarily on 19th and 20th century European and American art and has some impressive pieces by artists such as Paul Cezanne, Pablo Picasso, Paul Gauguin, Henri Matisse, Georgia O'Keeffe, Diego Rivera, Mary Cassatt and Edward Hopper. Also, be sure to visit the absolutely stunning interior courtyard, complete with a Japanese-inspired garden and fishpond. It's a nice place to sit and ponder.
6000 North New Braunfels Avenue
San Antonio, TX 78209
- Tue-Wed,: Fri; 10am-4pm
- Thu: 10am-9pm
- Sat: 10am-5pm
- Sun: Midnight-5pm
- Museum Adult $10; Senior $5; Student $5; Military $5
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The McNay is one of the most beautiful museums, always with great exhibits.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: The McNay is a gem with world renowned artwork and an incredible courtyard, perfect for stealing a kiss or two.
- Best for Holiday Attractions Because: There's never a bad time to visit the Museum of Art. Make note the museum offers free admission the Friday after Christmas.
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: On H-E-B Thursday Nights and on AT&T First Sundays of the Month, entrance to Main Collection Galleries is free.
- Best for Museums Because: The McNay carries world-class art collections and features amazing traveling exhibits as well as a gorgeous estate.
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: The McNay is a stunning museum with top notch art and exhibits.