Explore San Antonio
Also Featured In
San Antonio likes to lead the way in all things and the zoo is no exception. Parents magazine ranked the San Antonio Zoo as one of the Top 10 Best Zoos for Kids. It is also the third largest zoo in... Read More
San Antonio likes to lead the way in all things and the zoo is no exception. Parents magazine ranked the San Antonio Zoo as one of the Top 10 Best Zoos for Kids. It is also the third largest zoo in the nation so there is plenty to see. Home to over 8,500 animals, the zoo is open 365 days a year, rain or shine. There are plenty of places to grab a cold drink or a bite to eat as you spend the day exploring. The San Antonio Zoo is about 10 minutes from the downtown area. We recommend you bring your sunscreen as you explore this friendly animal world. Your kids will want to stay awhile.
- Daily 9am-5pm
- General Admissions Adult $10; Senior (62+) $8; Military $9; Child (3-11) $8
Handicap (3-14) $5
Handicap (15+) $6.50
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Go early to beat the heat and see the animals before they go to sleep."
- Attractions near AT&T Center: "There is a great little train right outside the zoo. You can take a ride through the Brackenridge Park area and even stop at the Witte Museum for a visit so plan your day to include the zoo and the museum. The zoo website also offers online coupons you can display right from your smart phone."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The San Antonio Zoo is a beautifully-kep facility, and always an exciting place for families and couples to spend the day.
- Best for Attractions near AT&T Center Because: The San Antonio Zoo has a bunch of new attractions the entire family will love.