Explore San Antonio
Also Featured In
Located just below the headwaters of the San Antonio River, not far from downtown, Brackenridge Park has been a gathering spot since prehistoric times (dating back 11,000 years) and has since evolved... Read More
Located just below the headwaters of the San Antonio River, not far from downtown, Brackenridge Park has been a gathering spot since prehistoric times (dating back 11,000 years) and has since evolved into one of the most popular family hang-outs in San Antonio. This beautiful park is covered with Live Oak trees and offers visitors dozens of privately situated picnic tables and barbeque pits to choose from. Brackenridge offers three pavilions (available for events), a playscape for children, a softball field, a walking path around the pond, where you'll find all sorts of ducks and other wildlife and, best of all, a charming mini-train that runs right through the park.
- Daily 8am-11pm
- Holiday Attractions, Outdoor Activities, Sightseeing, Parks: "As Brackenridge Park also extends into the Japanese Tea Garden, San Antonio Zoo and the Sunken Garden Theatre, not to mention its proximity to the family-oriented Witte Museum, it's the ideal place for a day trip!"
- Things to Do with Kids: "Go early on the weekends to carve out your spot."
- Best for Holiday Attractions Because: With nearby Witte events and the gorgeous lights just up the road at Incarnate Word, Brackenridge Park is a great outdoor holiday excursion.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Brackenridge is a hub of activity, from barbecuing to feeding the ducks to hopping on the mini train for a ride through the park.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: Brackenridge Park is a great place to bring a picnic, have a party or go walking or riding.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: A great place to take in nature in the middle of the city.
- Best for Parks Because: Brackenridge is the ultimate in family-friendly park fun and is centrally-located.