Explore San Antonio
Also Featured In
For the best view in San Antonio, go directly to the Tower of the Americas, which was built for the World's Fair back in 1968. Located downtown, this 750-foot-tall structure in the middle of... Read More
For the best view in San Antonio, go directly to the Tower of the Americas, which was built for the World's Fair back in 1968. Located downtown, this 750-foot-tall structure in the middle of Hemisphere plaza offers the most spectacular views from its observation deck, as well as a fun-tastic 4D Theatre ride the kids will love! If you want to go all out, grab a bite to eat at Chart House, the fine-dining restaurant that sits atop the tower, revolving slowly, much to everyone's delight. Make sure to take time to enjoy Hemisphere park, which is made up of beautiful grounds, waterfalls and fountains, a children's playground, historic buildings and is also home to the Institute of Texan Cultures and the Children's Magik Theater.
600 HemisFair Plaza Way
San Antonio, TX 78205
- Flags Over Texas Observation Deck: Sun-Thu 10am-10pm; Fri-Sat 10am-11pm
- Skies Over Texas 4D Theater: Sun-Thu 10am-10pm; Fri-Sat 10am-11pm
- Chart House Restaurant: Sun-Thu 11am-10pm; Fri-Sat 11am-11pm
- Tower Ticket Adult $10.95; Senior $9.95; Military $9.95; Child $8.95;
Parking $8 - $11
- Best Attractions & Activities, Historic Sites, Attractions near AT&T Center: "Let the Tower know that you're planning on eating at the Chart House and you won't have to buy a ticket to the observation deck!"
- Romantic Things to Do: "Enjoy dinner or a cocktail in the Chart House restaurant before or after visiting the observatory."
- Holiday Attractions: "Head up to Chart house first for a hot cup of cocoa or a cocktail and take in the lights and sights before heading up to the observation deck. This way you bypass having to buy a ticket!"
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: You can't come to San Antonio without getting the best view the city has to offer.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: The Tower of the Americas offers the best views of the city and is a great place for declarations of love!
- Best for Holiday Attractions Because: San Antonio has many things other cities don't have and the Tower of the Americas is one of them!
- Best for Historic Sites Because: See the city of San Antonio the way they did 100 years ago!
- Best for Attractions near AT&T Center Because: For the best view of the city, the Tower of the Americas is a must-see!