Explore San Antonio
Also Featured In
Phil Hardberger Park is the amazing creation of San Antonio's Mayor Hardberger, who has an eye for beauty, art and community projects. This classy park, if there is such a thing, is a relatively new... Read More
Phil Hardberger Park is the amazing creation of San Antonio's Mayor Hardberger, who has an eye for beauty, art and community projects. This classy park, if there is such a thing, is a relatively new 311-acre park located on either side of Wurzbach Parkway between N.W. Military Highway and Blanco Road. Visitors will enjoy the trails, brand new playscapes for the kids, dog parks, picnic facilities and basketball courts. Construction is also underway on a state-of-the-art Urban Ecology Center. It's worth a visit just to see the Makin' Hay Art Exhibit – giant, fanciful characters made of hay that sit in the center of the park.
- Best for Things to Do in December Because: Phil Hardberger Park is an excellent place to hike and bike during December and easy to get to from any side of the city.
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: Phil Hardberger is a great place to walk, bike and just have fun with the family.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Outdoorsy folks will love this gorgeous, perfectly landscaped park.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: Hardberger Park is one of the newest parks in San Antonio and a great place to walk, run or bike.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: Hardberger Park is an exceptional park, one of the newest in San Antonio.
- Best for Historic Sites Because: Phil Hardberger, the once beloved mayor, left his mark on San Antonio and at this beautiful park.
- Best for Parks Because: A lot of time and money went into this local's favorite park.