Explore San Antonio
Also Featured In
The San Antonio Museum of Art boasts one of the most comprehensive collections of ancient Egyptian, Greek, Roman and Near Eastern art in the southern United States. It is also one of the largest... Read More
The San Antonio Museum of Art boasts one of the most comprehensive collections of ancient Egyptian, Greek, Roman and Near Eastern art in the southern United States. It is also one of the largest collections found in public museums. The size and variety of all the exhibitions is astonishing. Located on the River Walk, the museum is also host to many children during the school year. The vast array of educational information makes it a very attractive place for field trips. The museum hosts over 500 guided tours each year and is appealing to adults seeking scholarly immersion as well as families with young children.
- Free Things to Do, Best Attractions & Activities, Museums, Family-Friendly Museums, Attractions near AT&T Center: "If you know that you'll be visiting in the future, it is a good idea to sign up for the email list on their website. They send out weekly updates about educational programs, upcoming exhibits and other interesting events that take place on site."
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: Admission to SAMA is free on Tuesdays from 4 pm until 9 pm.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: SAMA is one of the best museums in the entire country in terms of diversity and quality.
- Best for Museums Because: SAMA is a large museum on par with some of the greatest in the country, even the world.
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: The San Antonio Museum of Art is one of the finest in the country.
- Best for Attractions near AT&T Center Because: The San Antonio Museum of Art is an impressive museum by anyone's standards.