Explore San Antonio
Also Featured In
La Fonda is the oldest Mexican restaurant in San Antonio. Established in 1932, the restaurant has served at least two American presidents (Teddy Roosevelt and Lyndon B Johnson). However, their... Read More
La Fonda is the oldest Mexican restaurant in San Antonio. Established in 1932, the restaurant has served at least two American presidents (Teddy Roosevelt and Lyndon B Johnson). However, their primary focus is on serving the city of San Antonio and the locals love this place! The restaurant serves Tex-Mex as well as interior Mexican foods. In a casual atmosphere with colorful decorations, diners relax and enjoy themselves. From the Espinaca Omelet to Migas La Fonda, you will find the perfect Tex-Mex brunch here. You will also find traditional sides in the form of hasbrowns and a fruit cup available.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants for Fall Because: La Fonda has one of the most beautiful patios in the city. Sit under their gorgeous tree and enjoy a margarita with friends.
- Best for Monte Vista's Best Restaurants Because: La Fonda is a local's hang out for good, clean and delicious Mexican cuisine.
- Best for Tex-Mex Because: La Fonda's is a tried and true Tex-Mex restaurant and won't disappoint any traveler.
- Best for Mexican Because: La Fonda is a tradition in San Antonio because it serves up some of the best Mexican food in town.
- Best for Breakfast/Brunch Because: La Fonda on Main puts a unique Mexican twist on your brunch, along with some fabulous drinks.