Also Featured In
Kids will love the open spaces and freedom to run around, while parents will appreciate the lack of traffic and lack of stress over having to keep an eye on the kids. Bang Krachao, also known as "the... Read More
Kids will love the open spaces and freedom to run around, while parents will appreciate the lack of traffic and lack of stress over having to keep an eye on the kids. Bang Krachao, also known as "the lungs" of Bangkok is a vast area of green space just across the Chao Phraya River from Klong Toey. Originally a settlement for ethnic Burmese Mons, Bang Krachao is made up of orchards and gardens, and a strict local planning code prohibiting high rise buildings and factories has kept the area in a pristine state. The 100 acre Sri Nakhon Kuenkhan Park with its oasis of trees, lakes, and trails is the highlight here, as is renting a bicycle and heading out along the raised embankments that run through villages built on wooden stilts.
Bang Krachao, Samut Prakan
- Things to Do with Kids, Day Tours, Free Things to Do, Best Attractions & Activities, Outdoor Activities: "If here on a weekend, make sure to go to the nearby Nam Peung floating market, an authentic Thai affair featuring excellent food and organic products. Motorcycle taxis go here from the ferry pier. To get across to Bang Krachao, a 10 minute 5 baht ferry runs from the Klong Toey Pier at Klong Toey Nok Temple."
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: For good natural family fun, the green spaces of Bang Krachao make for a great trip.
- Best for Day Tours Because: Bang Krachao is a true escape from Bangkok's urban grit and closer than anywhere else.
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: For the rare Bangkok combo of greenery and quiet, Bang Krachao is the best city escape in Bangkok, and doesn't cost anything to visit!
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: For peace and bliss just minutes from downtown, Bang Krachao is a must visit.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: For Bangkok's largest green outdoor space, Bang Krachao is on top.