Also Featured In
For those missing Mexican food in Bangkok, La Monita is all the rage, now with a food truck at Siam Paragon, an upscale Mexican dining restaurant at the EmQuartier Mall, and this original branch.... Read More
For those missing Mexican food in Bangkok, La Monita is all the rage, now with a food truck at Siam Paragon, an upscale Mexican dining restaurant at the EmQuartier Mall, and this original branch. While most folks do head over for tacos, burritos, and more for lunch and dinner, La Monita also does a fantastic weekend brunch, along with its partner Osito-Unique Spanish, just next door. There's a new glass covered patio with bright colors where you can feel like you're sitting outside yet be well air-conditioned, the perfect spot to enjoy huevos rancheros with chorizo or chilaquiles as well as an ongoing selection of tapas style dishes perfect for enjoying along with a few Mexican focused cocktails.
- Breakfast: "Take the BTS Skytrain to Ploenchit to get here. The restaurant is a short walk in to the alleyway which houses Mahatun Plaza"
- Pathumwan's Best Restaurants, Mexican: "Take the BTS Skytrain to Ploenchit to get here. If you have a hangover, try La Monita's michelada, which is beer, lime juice, and hot sauce, guaranteed to burn out just about anything!"
- Best for Breakfast Because: For Bangkok's best Mexican brunch, La Monita is numero uno.
- Best for Pathumwan's Best Restaurants Because: La Monita was Bangkok's first Mexican restaurants, and it remains the best.
- Best for Mexican Because: For Bangkok's longest running original taqueria, head to La Monita