Also Featured In
Isaan, or northeastern cuisine, is probably the most common food eaten in Thailand, by both visitors and locals alike. Some of the best Isaan food is found at corner street stalls, which most tourists... Read More
Isaan, or northeastern cuisine, is probably the most common food eaten in Thailand, by both visitors and locals alike. Some of the best Isaan food is found at corner street stalls, which most tourists find too hot and uncomfortable to sit at, whereas the food in fancier digs often leaves a lot to be desired. Baan Som Tam creates a very happy medium with fantastic fresh northeastern cuisine in a homey air-conditioned environment. The sai krok spiced sausages made with sticky rice are superb here, as is the namesake papaya salad (som tam), with all of the ingredients tasting so fresh and flavor packed you will think they are organic.
02 630 3486
- Daily Noon-9:30pm
- Best Restaurants, Thai, Best Value, Sathorn's Best Restaurants: "Isaan cuisine is big on larb, which often translates on menus as salad, yet larbs usually consist of fried meat or fish, which is then combined with kaffir lime, garlic, chilies, lemongrass, mint, and roast rice powder to create an exquisite burst of flavors, usually eaten with copious amounts of sticky rice."
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: For unpretentious knockout isaan food, head to Baan Som Tam
- Best for Thai Because: For Bangkok's freshest Isaan cuisine, look no further than Baan Som Tam.
- Recommended as Best Value Because: For the freshest vegetables and simple, spicy Isaan fare, Baan Som Tam is a winner.
- Best for Sathorn's Best Restaurants Because: Baan Som Tam has some of the freshest ingredients and tasty simple cooking in the city.