Also Featured In
London Zoo may have been open for 180 years, but its policy of survival through evolution, especially in the context of a growing awareness of animal rights, has paid off. This is a zoo you can visit... Read More
London Zoo may have been open for 180 years, but its policy of survival through evolution, especially in the context of a growing awareness of animal rights, has paid off. This is a zoo you can visit with a clear conscience. Everything you'd expect (and much that you wouldn't) is on view here, but the absolute star attraction is the Gorilla Kingdom, where you can get dramatically close to the Tony Sopranos of the jungle. Or watch the Penguins slip, slide and entertain you as they waddle across their enclosure in Charlie Chaplin style. The elephant house is warm and smells of dung and straw but those wise beasts with their big eyes will charm even the hardest of hearts, when there's a baby in residence, even better. TUBE: Camden Town
- Mar - July: Daily 10am-5:30pm
- July - Sept: Daily 10am-6pm
- Sept - Oct: Daily 10am-5:30pm
- Nov - Feb: Daily 10am-4pm
- Prices may vary seasonally Adult £18; Senior £16.50; Student £16.50; Child £14.20; Child (0-2) Free; Family £57.80
- Romantic Things to Do: "Children love the nocturnal house where darkness reigns and the animals big eyes glow at you through the gloom."
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: London Zoo likes to advertise its romantic side and there are lots of happy couples and babies born there if that floats your boat.