Spread across 300 acres, these gorgeous gardens are a year-round wonderland of sights, scents, and beauty. Horticultural specimens from around the world can be found either on the grounds or in a... Read More
Spread across 300 acres, these gorgeous gardens are a year-round wonderland of sights, scents, and beauty. Horticultural specimens from around the world can be found either on the grounds or in a number of climate-controlled greenhouses. You'll also find lakes, pathways, and other eye-catching landscape features, including a Chinese pagoda. Tropical to arctic-adapted plants mesmerize visitors, who get a broad overview of the entire complex at the visitors center. A gift shop is available as well where you can not only buy beautiful plants, plant pots and tea towels but also books about horticulture and its history. This is also where many of Britain's top gardeners trained. TUBE: District line, Richmond overground train
- Gardens: Mon-Fri 9:30am-6pm; Sat-Sun 9:30am-7:30pm
- Eateries: Mon-Fri 10am-5:30pm; Sat-Sun 10am-6:30pm
- Shops: Mon-Fri 10am-6pm; Sat-Sun 10am-7pm
- Hours May Vary Seasonally
- Adult £13.50; Senior (60+) £11.50; Student £11.50; Child (16 and under) Free
- Romantic Things to Do: "If you want to lengthen the day here, take a walk along the river to Richmond, shop along Richmond high street, sip a glass of sparkling wine by the river, or walk just a bit further to Petersham Nurseries and Richmond Park, complete with deer and a lot more green space to enjoy."
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: The Royal Botanic Gardens provides a very romantic backdrop winter or summer as you stroll around the tropical glasshouses hand in hand.