Also Featured In
The Royal Family used this yacht as a means of transportation to places all over the world. After 968 royal journeys, ownership changed hands. The boat now belongs to and is maintained by The Royal... Read More
The Royal Family used this yacht as a means of transportation to places all over the world. After 968 royal journeys, ownership changed hands. The boat now belongs to and is maintained by The Royal Yacht "Britannia" Trust. Today visitors can tour the quarters in the yacht, which is permanently anchored in Leith at Ocean Terminal. The Queen's room and the Captain's Cabin are as they were when the Royal Family used them so you can get a real flavor of the luxury they enjoyed. The Royal Deck Tea Room offers fresh baked scones and cakes, as well as soup and sandwiches that can be enjoyed with a glass of bubbly or a cold beer.
- April - September (Apr - Sep): Daily 9:30am-4:30pm
- October (Oct): Daily 9:30am-4pm
- November - March (Nov - Mar): Daily 10am-3:30pm
- Adult £14; Senior £12.50; Student £12.50; Child £8; Family £40
- Best Attractions & Activities, Attractions near Cruise Port: "The Ocean Terminal shopping mall in Leith offers plenty of free parking and entrance to the yacht. Audio guides are provided and you can easily spend a couple of hours exploring. The Tea Room is expensive but there are plenty of reasonable cafes and restaurants in the mall."
- Sightseeing: "Entry is through the adjacent Ocean Terminal which offers free parking."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The tour of the Royal Yacht Britannia is fascinating and offers quite an insight into the lives of the rich and famous.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: For a glimpse of how the other half live, who can resist the chance to explore the Royal Yacht Britannia?
- Best for Attractions near Cruise Port Because: You'll see the Royal Yacht Britannia as you sail in to the port and it offers a fascinating glimpse into luxury sailing.