Also Featured In
The diverse collection at the National Museum of Scotland encompasses the history of Scotland along with exhibitions of international interest. You can learn all about Scotland's past from the age of... Read More
The diverse collection at the National Museum of Scotland encompasses the history of Scotland along with exhibitions of international interest. You can learn all about Scotland's past from the age of chivalry through to the industrial revolution and beyond. You'll also find diverse displays on everything from the pharaohs of ancient Egypt to the samurais of Japan. The natural world, science and technology, discoveries, art and design, and world cultures are all explored. There are interactive elements and activities to suit children of all ages, including science experiments, musical instruments and unusual photo opportunities. There are also regular exhibitions and you'll find plenty of shops, cafes and restaurants. It is a fantastic location for the whole family.
- Daily 10am-5pm
- Museums, Best Attractions & Activities, Sightseeing, Things to Do with Kids, Family-Friendly Museums, Free Things to Do: "There are lots of great, interactive activities for children and plenty to keep adults interested so this is fun for the whole family. Kids of all ages love the models of trains and engines because you can push a button to activate the displays."
- Best for Museums Because: The National Museum has a wonderful collection with more than enough to delight both young and old.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The National Museum of Scotland is a wonderful attraction with plenty to keep both young and old amused and entertained.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: With a host of fascinating exhibits and great interactive displays the National Museum of Scotland is one of Edinburgh's best attractions.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Loads to see and do and a great café make the National Museum the best place to take your kids for a fun day out.
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: Packed with interactive exhibits for all age groups the National Museum of Scotland is probably the best free attraction for families in Edinburgh.
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: For sheer variety and quality, the National Museum of Scotland is the best free attraction in Edinburgh.