Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Calum McRoberts
Any plant or flower, rare and common, can be seen and enjoyed at the Royal Botanic Gardens. It was originally developed as a learning conservatory for students, but it has grown to become an example... Read More
Any plant or flower, rare and common, can be seen and enjoyed at the Royal Botanic Gardens. It was originally developed as a learning conservatory for students, but it has grown to become an example to the world. The rock garden, arboretum, and over 70 acres of shrubs, blooming plants, and trees are great fun to explore. There is also a serene Chinese Garden and a duck pond. Some of the plants date all the way back to the dinosaur age. You will also find exhibitions and interactive activities for children in the main building and there is a shop, a restaurant and a couple of cafes. On a sunny day you'll enjoy the peace and beauty you'll find here. There are also some spectacular views of the city.
- Apr - Sep: Daily 10am-7pm
- Mar, Oct: Daily 10am-6pm
- Nov - Feb: Daily 10am-4pm
- Best Attractions & Activities, Sightseeing, Outdoor Activities, Things to Do with Kids, Attractions near Cruise Port, Free Things to Do: "Make sure you visit the Terrace Cafe for gorgeous views of the castle, it's perfect for a picnic. You should also check out the John Hope Gateway where you'll find a great gift shop and sometimes events, displays or activities."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The Royal Botanic Gardens are both beautiful and serene and offer great views of the city.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: No sightseeing tour of the capital would be complete without a visit to the idyllic and serene Royal Botanic Gardens.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: The Royal Botanic Gardens is a great place to explore and enjoy a picnic and some spectacular views of the city.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Children will love exploring the Chinese Hillside and the rock garden and there are great interactive exhibits for budding horticulturalists in the John Hope Gateway.
- Best for Attractions near Cruise Port Because: The Royal Botanic Gardens cannot be beat for a gentle stroll and features some stunning views of the city.
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: The Royal Botanic Gardens are beautiful and offer a little relaxation and serenity away from the bustle of the city.