Also Featured In
The 5th Avenue Theatre is known as one of the nation's leading musical theater companies, especially for its production and development of new works. Since 2002, the Seattle-based company has produced... Read More
The 5th Avenue Theatre is known as one of the nation's leading musical theater companies, especially for its production and development of new works. Since 2002, the Seattle-based company has produced 17 new musicals. (To date, nine�including hit Disney's Aladdin� have moved on to Broadway premieres, earning a combined 15 Tony Awards, including two for Best Musical�Hairspray and Memphis. The 5th Avenue Theatre also known makes waves for its lauded productions of musicals from the contemporary canon and the Golden Age of Broadway. While the shows are sensational, the venue itself justifies a visit, too, thanks to a unique, Chinese-inspired design. (The exquisite theater opened in 1926 as a venue for vaudeville and film.)
- Romantic Things to Do: "Enjoy a romantic pre-theater meal or post-show drink at nearby gems like Matt's in the Market, Maximilien or Tulio Ristorante, inside the Kimpton Hotel Vintage."
- Holiday Attractions, Best Attractions & Activities: "To avoid service fees ($9 per ticket for all Web and phone orders), purchase tickets in person at the Box Office."
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: Enjoy a night on the town at 5th Avenue Theatre, known as one of the nation's leading musical theater companies.
- Best for Holiday Attractions Because: For a perfect holiday outing, head to 5th Avenue Theatre, where "The Little Mermaid" runs from November 23 through the end of December.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The 5th Avenue Theatre brings top-notch musical productions to an exquisite space that boasts a Chinese-inspired decor.