Also Featured In
Otters are the highlight on any visit to Seattle Aquarium. The friendly looking, furry critters are just so cute--no matter what they're doing--that it's hard to tear yourself away from their spacious... Read More
Otters are the highlight on any visit to Seattle Aquarium. The friendly looking, furry critters are just so cute--no matter what they're doing--that it's hard to tear yourself away from their spacious habitat. This is especially true at feeding time, when these whiskered characters really ham it up for fresh fish. The otters are worth the price of admission, but there is plenty more to see. The main highlight is the underwater dome that submerges visitors beneath the waves of an encapsulated Puget Sound, putting them face to face with a host of indigenous Pacific Northwest marine life, including the giant octopi that live in its murky depths. No aquarium would be complete without an educational component, and here that includes a marine touch tank for children and a information on the life cycle of salmon.
- Daily 9:30am-5pm
- Aquarium Only Adult (13+) $17; Child (4-12) $11; Child (3 and under) Free
Aquarium & Argosy Harbor Cruise Adult (13+) $30; Student (6-12) $19.25; Military (4-5) $11; Child (3 and under) Free
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Look online for a schedule of daily activities like shows put on by divers at 10 a.m., 11:30 a.m. and 12:15 p.m. On a sunny day, relish the outdoor portion of the museum."
- Family-Friendly Museums: "A 10-15 minute walk down to the waterfront takes guests to the famiy-friendly Seattle Aquarium, a hub of fascinating marine life plus beautiful Puget Sound views."
- Attractions near Cruise Port: "Enjoy the "Window on Washington Waters" where dive shows take place daily at 10 a.m. 11:30 a.m. and 12:15 p.m."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The Seattle Aquarium features cute critters like sea otters and less cuddly residents like octopi. Informative talks and demos make a visit fun and educational.
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: The Seattle Aquarium delights adults and kids alike, thanks to its friendly residents like the beloved otters.
- Best for Attractions near Cruise Port Because: The Seattle Aquarium features fascinating creatures from the Pacific Northwest in a nice, waterfront setting. Enjoy sea otters and daily dive shows.