History comes alive
The George Bush Presidential Library and Museum was dedicated in 1997 by President and Mrs. Bush as our country's tenth presidential library. Located in College Station, Texas, on the campus of Texas A&M, the impressive facility is part of a 90-acre complex that also includes the Bush School of Government and Public Service and the Annenberg Presidential Conference Center.
Presidential libraries were established in 1955 in an effort to preserve and make accessible (in a single location) presidential materials such as papers, records, and audio and video recordings. The libraries, typically utilized by researchers, are often accompanied by museums that are of more interest to the general public.
Photo courtesy of David and Kay Scott