You don't have to be an aviation enthusiast to appreciate the mid-air stunt shows that headline the nation's biggest and best air shows. Dozens of such events take place each year around the country, and 10Best teamed up with a pair of air show experts to narrow the field to the best 20 in the nation as nominees for the Readers' Choice title of Best Air Show.
For the past four weeks, 10Best readers have been voting for their favorites, and after a tight race to the finish, we have our winners.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Air Show are as follows:
- EAA AirVenture Oshkosh - Oshkosh, Wis.
- Fort Lauderdale Air Show - Fort Lauderdale
- National Championship Air Races - Reno
- Wings Over Houston Airshow - Houston
- SUN 'n FUN International Fly-In & Expo - Lakeland, Fla.
- National Warplane Museum Airshow - Geneseo, N.Y.
- Great Tennessee Airshow - Smyrna, Tenn.
- Mid-Atlantic Air Museum WWII Weekend - Reading, Penn.
- Cleveland National Air Show - Cleveland
- Planes of Fame Air Show - Chino, Calif.
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Ron Rapp and David M. Vanderhoof (Airplane Geeks Podcast) were chosen based on their extensive experience on the air show circuit.
Other nominees included the Boeing Seafair Air Show, CAF Airsho, Chicago Air and Water Show, Florida International Air Show, MCAS Miramar Air Show, NAS Oceana Air Show, NAS Pensacola Blue Angels Homecoming Air Show, Nellis Air Show & Open House, Oregon International Air Show and Vectren Dayton Air Show.
Congratulations to all our winning events!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo