There's a lot to love about Sweet Home Alabama, from its antebellum homes and historic neighborhoods to its powdery white sand shores. History suffuses every corner of the state – visitors can explore Mississippian mound cities or walk in the footsteps of some of the greatest leaders of the American Civil Rights movement – while modern Alabama might surprise you with its sophisticated art, food and culture. We asked a panel of Alabama travel writers and photographers to nominate their favorite attractions in the state, and for the past four weeks, 10Best readers have been voting for their favorites.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Alabama Attraction are as follows:
- Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum - Birmingham
- USS Alabama Battleship Memorial Park - Mobile
- Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail
- Bellingrath Gardens & Home - Theodore
- Alabama Shakespeare Festival - Montgomery
- Dexter Parsonage Museum - Montgomery
- Little River Canyon National Preserve - Fort Payne
- U.S. Space & Rocket Center - Huntsville
- Alabama's Gulf Coast
- Vulcan Park & Museum - Birmingham
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Larry Bleiberg (LarryBleiberg.com), Lynn Grisard Fullman, Cory Lee (CurbFreeWithCoryLee.com), Art Meripol and Connie Pearson (www.theregoesconnie.com) were chosen based on their knowledge and experience of travel in Alabama.
Congratulations to all these winning attractions.License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo