Alaska, the largest and most sparsely populated state in the country, boasts seemingly endless dramatic and varied landscapes, dotted with quirky small towns where travelers can make a base for outdoor adventure. While the call of the wild is certainly alluring, the Last Frontier has been home to numerous different people groups, creating a cultural heritage quite unlike any other.
We asked 10Best readers to vote for the attractions they thought deserve a spot at the top of any Alaska bucket list, and the results are in.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Alaska Attraction are as follows:
- White Pass & Yukon Route Railroad - Skagway
- Museum of the North - Fairbanks
- Denali National Park
- Riverboat Discovery - Fairbanks
- Sitka National Historical Park - Sitka
- Alyeska Aerial Tram - Girdwood
- Alaska Railroad
- Glacier Bay National Park
- Alaska Marine Highway
Congratulations to all these winning attractions!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo