Six Flags Magic Mountain, Dollywood, Holiday World and Busch Gardens Williamsburg in top five
Nothing says "summer vacation" quite like a day at an amusement park. The United States is home to more than 400 amusement parks and attractions, visited by some 375 million guests each year.
We asked a panel of theme park and family travel experts to nominate their favorite parks in the nation for the title of Best Amusement Park. For the past four weeks, readers have been voting for their favorites, and the results are in.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Amusement Park are as follows:
- Cedar Point - Sandusky, Ohio
- Six Flags Magic Mountain - Valencia, Calif.
- Dollywood - Pigeon Forge, Tenn.
- Holiday World - Santa Claus, Ind.
- Busch Gardens Williamsburg - Williamsburg, Va.
- Hersheypark - Hershey, Penn.
- Magic Kingdom Park - Orlando
- Sesame Place - Langhorne, Penn.
- Knott's Berry Farm - Buena Park, Calif.
- Disneyland Park - Anaheim, Calif.
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Robert Niles (ThemeParkInsider.com), Jacqui Boland (Red Tricycle) and Mommy Nearest (mommynearest.com) were chosen based on their knowledge and experience of family travel and theme parks in the U.S.
Congratulations to all these winning amusement parks!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo