The Cowfish, Mythos Restaurant, Das Festhaus and Aunt Granny's All-You-Care-to-Eat Buffet also winners
Gone are the days when amusement park food meant overpriced greasy burgers and cotton candy. The nation's top parks are catering more and more to sophisticated palates with eateries boasting high-quality food in unique environments.
We asked USA TODAY 10Best readers to vote for their favorite amusement park restaurant from a pool of 20 nominees. The polls are closed and we have a winner!
The Leaky Cauldron at Universal Studios Florida, a British-style pub located in the park's Diagon Alley area, serves up Butterbeer – the popular wizarding beverage – in an atmosphere inspired by the world of Harry Potter.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Amusement Park Restaurant are as follows:
- Leaky Cauldron - Universal Studios Florida
- The Cowfish - Universal CityWalk
- Mythos Restaurant - Universal's Islands of Adventure
- Das Festhaus - Busch Gardens Williamsburg
- Aunt Granny's All-You-Care-to-Eat Buffet - Dollywood
- Hungry Dutchman Café - Nelis' Dutch Village
- Vivo Italian Kitchen - Universal CityWalk
- Be Our Guest Restaurant - Magic Kingdom
- Blue Bayou Restaurant - Disneyland
- Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant - Knott's Berry Farm
A panel of experts picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Lance Hart (Screamscape), Steve Kalkofen (RollerCoasterPro), Arthur Levine (About.com Theme Park Expert) and Robert Niles (Theme Park Insider) were chosen based on their extensive knowledge of American amusement parks.
Other nominees for Best Amusement Park Restaurant included Boma – Flavors of Africa at Disney's Animal Kingdom, California Grill at Walt Disney World Resort, Carthay Circle Restaurant at Disney California Adventure, Hollywood Brown Derby at Disney's Hollywood Studios, Jiko – The Cooking Place at Disney's Animal Kingdom, La Hacienda de San Angel at Epcot, Monsieur Paul at Epcot, Napa Rose at Disneyland Resort, Nathan's Famous Hot Dogs at Coney Island and Sanaa at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
10Best and USA TODAY extend their congratulations to all the winners. The contest was promoted on 10Best and USA TODAY.License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo