Beak & Skiff Wins Best Apple Orchard!
Mercier Orchards, King Orchards, Sky Top Orchard and Kiyokawa Family Orchards also winners
It's apple pickin' season, and USA TODAY 10Best enlisted the help of our readers to help find the best apple orchards from coast to coast. After four weeks of voting, the results are in!
Winning orchard Beak & Skiff scores points with New York families who come to pick their own Gala, McIntosh, Ginger Gold and Paula Red varieties (among others) from August through October.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Apple Orchard are as follows:
- Beak & Skiff Apple Orchards - LaFayette, N.Y.
- Mercier Orchards - Blue Ridge, Ga.
- King Orchards - Kewadin, Mich.
- Sky Top Orchard - Flat Rock, N.C.
- Kiyokawa Family Orchards - Parkdale, Ore.
- Apple Holler - Sturtevant, Wis.
- Stepp's Hillcrest Orchard - Hendersonville, N.C.
- Gould Hill Farm - Contoocook, N.H.
- Stribling Orchard - Markham, Va.
- Alyson's Orchard - Walpole, N.H.
Other nominees for Best Apple Orchard included Aamodt's Apple Farm in Stillwater, Minn.; Apple Dave's Orchards in Warwick, N.Y.; Bear Swamp Orchard in Ashfield, Mass.; Bishop's Orchards inGuilford, Conn.; Boyd Orchards in Versailles, Ky.; Deardorff Orchards in Waconia, Minn.; Dwight Miller Orchards in Dummerston, Vt.; Linvilla Orchards in Media, Penn. and Willowbrook Apple Farm in Oak Glen, Calif.
10Best and USA TODAY extend their congratulations to all the winners.
License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo