The Snorting Elk Cellar wins Best Après-Ski Bar of 2017
Matterhorn Ski Bar, Le Chamois & Loft Bar, The Limelight and The Dogwood Cocktail Cabin also winners
When the sun goes down and the lifts shut down for the day, bars and restaurants in ski towns across North America fill up with skiers and snowboarders looking for a good time with good friends. These top top après-ski bars offer top notch food, drink and atmosphere–a perfect setting to close out a perfect day on the snow.
We asked a panel of ski and snowboarding experts to nominate their favorite post-slope watering holes, and for the past four weeks, our readers have been voting daily for their favorites.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Après-Ski Bar are as follows:
- The Snorting Elk Cellar - Crystal Mountain, Wash.
- Matterhorn Ski Bar - Newry, Maine
- Le Chamois & Loft Bar - Squaw Valley, Calif.
- The Limelight - Aspen, Colo.
- The Dogwood Cocktail Cabin - Crested Butte, Colo.
- Wobbly Barn - Killington, Vt.
- Aspen Brewing Company - Aspen, Colo.
- Goldminer's Saloon - Alta, Utah
- The Bavarian Lodge - Taos, N.M.
- Garibaldi Lift Company - Whistler, B.C.
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Wendy Clinch (TheSkiDiva.com) and Kristen Lummis (The Brave Ski Mom) were chosen based on their knowledge and experience of the North American ski scene.
Congratulations to all these winter watering holes!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo