What makes an inspiring art district? Revitalized and renewed urban spaces in once derelict neighborhoods, big name museums with architecture as impressive as the art housed within or streets lined with small galleries and studios interspersed with trendy cafes – no two of these 10Best Art Districts offer quite the same experience, but they all culturally enrich their cities and those who visit.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Arts District are as follows:
- University Circle - Cleveland, Ohio
- Northeast Minneapolis Arts District - Minneapolis
- Dallas Arts District - Dallas
- Arts District Houston - Houston
- Station North Arts District - Baltimore
- Historic Third Ward - Milwaukee
- Wynwood - Miami
- Wabash Arts Corridor - Chicago
- Santa Fe Railyard Arts District - Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Warehouse Arts District - Tucson
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to pick the initial nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote.
Congratulations to all these winning neighborhoods!