Campo's Philly Cheesesteak from Citizens Bank Park comes in second
Gone are the days of simply peanuts and Cracker Jacks at a ballgame. Today, ballparks are going above and beyond to bring new, interesting and sometimes bizarre concessions to hungry fans.
While there are plenty of outlandish foods introduced each season, 10Best wanted to find the best bites available in the Major Leagues. We enlisted the help of a pair of ballpark food journalists to narrow things down to 20 tasty ballpark items available this season. Then we opened it up for voting, and our readers have been casting their ballots daily for the past four weeks.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Ballpark Food are as follows:
- Parmageddon - Progressive Field - Cleveland
- Campo's Philly Cheesesteak - Citizens Bank Park - Philadelphia
- Ceviche - Marlins Park - Miami
- Crazy Crab'z Sandwich - AT&T Park - San Francisco
- Mahi Mahi Tacos - Petco Park - San Diego
- Buffalo Cauliflower Poutine - Rogers Centre - Toronto
- Burnt End Basket - Kauffman Stadium - Kansas City
- Brisket Mac & Cheese Balls - Globe Life Park - Arlington, Texas
- Bisbee Tamale - Chase Field - Phoenix
- Sweet Potato Waffle Chicken Sandwich - Minute Maid Park - Houston
A panel of experts picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Bennett Jacobstein (The Joy of Ballpark Food: From Hot Dogs to Haute Cuisine) and Malcolm MacMillan (The Ballpark Guide) were chosen based on their knowledge of and passion for American ballparks.
Additional nominees in this category included Boog's Turkey Sandwich from Oriole Park at Camden Yards, Cheese Curds from Miller Park, Foot Long Chicago Hot Dog from U.S. Cellular Field, Fuku Spicy Fried Chicken Sandwich from Citi Field, Gourmet Knishes from Yankee Stadium, H&F Burger from Turner Field, Rocky Mountain Oysters from Coors Field, Skyline Cheese Coney from Great American Ball Park, Steak and Cheese Sandwich from Fenway Park and Wild Rice Soup from Turner Field.
Congratulations to all our winning concessions, and make sure to keep this list handy next time you head out to a ball game!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo