There are two main styles of barbecue in the state of Missouri, Kansas City-style and St. Louis-style. No matter where in the state you get your ‘cue, chances are you’ll see ribs on the menu. Spare ribs are so ubiquitous in the St. Louis area that they’re often referred to as St. Louis ribs and are typically grilled rather than slow smoked, as is standard practice for KC-style ‘cue. Our barbecue expert Ardie Davis recommends ordering the sauce on the side, as some places can overdo it (i.e. “baptize it”).
The top 10 winners in the category Best BBQ Ribs in Missouri are as follows:
- Tin Kitchen - Weston
- A Little BBQ Joint - Independence
- Sugarfire Smoke House - St. Charles
- Dew Drop Inn - Bloomsdale
- Wabash BBQ - Excelsior Springs & Chillicothe
- Char Bar - Kansas City
- Bogart's Smokehouse - St. Louis
- Q39 - Kansas City
- City Butcher and Barbecue - Springfield
- Charlette's Rib - Ballwin
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to pick the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote.
Congratulations to all these winning restaurants!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo